Saturday 25 February 2012

Weekend bargain: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

While having a browse in The Body Shop recently I noticed that their Vitamin E Moisture Cream was on sale at 50% off, for £4.50 (50ml); so naturally I couldn't resist checking it out. 


I used to use the Vitamin E range when I was younger but for some reason haven't tried any Body Shop face products in a while. What first appealed to me about the Moisture Cream was the smell, which is slightly floral and gentle; the light pink colour of the cream and the light pink packaging; and the light texture of the cream, which is almost more like a lotion in terms of consistency.


The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream 
After cleansing I applied the cream, and I realised instantly that a little goes a long way, which is brilliant- a small dot of cream spreads easily and absorbs quickly. At first touch it feels, as I've said, more like a lotion, but once massaged into the skin it feels more nourishing than I thought it would be.  


It sinks in easily, meaning I was able to apply make-up on top pretty soon after application. I think my skin needs a slightly richer cream sometimes; luckily, there is also a Vitamin E night cream in the range which I tested while in The Body Shop, and which has a thicker, balmier consistency which I'm keen to try out. 


Overall, a good bargain buy at £4.50 on sale, with a lovely smell, light easily absorbed texture and pretty pink packaging.


Until my next Body Shop spree! 


The Body Shop 50% off Vitamin E Moisture Cream, usually £9 (limited time only)



8 comments :

  1. sounds great!
    kisstomake-up.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I'm heading over to your blog to check it out :) xx

      Delete
  2. soundsa lovely. I am a big fan of TBS hemp hand cream, makes my skin so smooth and gets rid of any redness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to try that, my hands can get quite dry and sore, especially in winter. What kind of smell does it have?x

      Delete
  3. i love body shop at the minute! they have a great sale on as well :)

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many good offers, I used to shop a lot less in The Body Shop because of the prices but I recently used a voucher that gave £10 off if you spend £25. Bargain!xx

      Delete
  4. I walked right past The Body Shop yesterday, considered going in for a second but changed my mind, wish I had as I love this cream. Will have to go back this week and make the most of it being half price!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very tempted to go back and check out the rest of the range! I think skin care products are on promotion at 3 for 2, but I'm not sure if the Vitamin E moisture cream is included, what with it already being half price. It's such a nice cream, and I can't get over how nice it smells!xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x