Thursday 6 June 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask

I call this face mask the Princess Fiona mask as it goes on bright green. It certainly causes a reaction from my fiance! Combined with the medicinal tea tree scent it feels as if it's doing good things for my blemish prone skin, and it really has been making a noticeable difference. 

My chin, nose and forehead tend to get quite congested if I ignore them for too long, although recently I've been making an effort to double cleanse at night using a cleanser and muslin cloth. Once or twice a week I like to use a face mask as well to give my skin a deep clean, and this one is great at making my skin feel much smoother and soothed. 


The mask is described as being 'suitable for blemished skin' and claims to 'instantly cool and lift away impurities'. I apply it over my t-zone and it has a wonderful immediate cooling effect that calms down sore spots and blemished areas. It feels particularly soothing on my chin, the area I struggle with the most, and it really helps to calm down redness. I leave it on for ten minutes while it tingles away pleasantly. It doesn't harden so it's easy to remove; I usually use a warm muslin cloth to take it off gently before splashing my face with lukewarm water. 


It smells strongly of tea tree which I really like as it's such a refreshing scent. It has quite a thick consistency and smooths onto the skin easily, and a little goes a long way meaning the 100ml tub should last a good few months. It retails for £10 which I think is reasonable considering its effects and how long it's likely to last. I've used it about five times now and there's still lots left, as you can see in the picture above. After rinsing my skin feels softer and less inflamed, and any spots seem far less prominent. It doesn't dry out my skin which is a huge plus although I do apply a light cream afterwards. I haven't really noticed a reduction in existing blackheads but it does seem to keep potential cystic spots at bay, settling down any new ones fast. My skin feels soothed, less rough and less inflamed, which is what I look for in a face mask, and so I'll be continuing to use it regularly twice a week as part of my skincare routine. Even if I do end up looking like an ogre..! 

1 comment :

  1. This sounds great :) I have a few annoying spots on my chin, so may just have to give this a go

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x