Thursday 4 July 2013

Review | MUA Trio Eyeshadow 'Pink Sorbet'

Lover as I am of beige, brown and bronze I also like wearing pink and plum shades on my eyes. MUA's Trio Eyeshadow in 'Pink Sorbet' offers a subtle, gentle collection of three shimmery pink shades that work well together in creating a beautiful pink-plum look. 

MUA Trio Eyeshadow 'Pink Sorbet', £2.50 


The trio consists of a light pale pink (middle), a slightly brighter pink (top) and a darker plum pink (bottom). They have an extremely shimmery, metallic finish, similar to the Undress My Skin pink pearlescent highlighter powder (reviewed here). Although metallic the three shades look subtle and brightening rather than garish. For someone still in the process of learning how to shade and contour properly (!) this little trio offers a foolproof three step application. I use the lightest shade to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye; the brighter pink to add colour to the lid; and the plum pink shade to line and define the lash line. Et voila! Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Bottom-top: Light pink, bright pink, plum.

Top-bottom: Light pink, bright pink, plum. 

Pretty, no? The shades are rather romantic and are perfect for adding a shimmery, pretty effect to your eyes. While the eyeshadow formula isn't quite as soft or buttery as other palettes in my collection, and while it can take a while to build up a strong pigment when applying (and I'd advise chucking the foam applicator included) I really like the subtle pink colours and the shimmery, glowing finish. I'm a big fan of MUA products and for only £2.50 this is a welcome addition to my make-up bag. 

Browse MUA here

2 comments :

  1. These colours are super pretty! "Romantic" is the perfect descriptor!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so delicate and pretty aren't they? I love a bit of pink!xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x