Friday 5 July 2013

Review | Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint 'Rich Russet'

Staying power. That's definitely the best way of summing up Rimmel's latest eye shadow offering! They weren't lying when they named it a paint as once on it locks into place and doesn't smudge, smear or budge at all, which is brilliant news for those of us who suffer from the dreaded eye shadow migration phenomenon throughout the day. This is truly powerful stuff! Described as a 'long wear liquid eye shadow', Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint truly fulfills its promise in delivering a dose of highly pigmented, paint-like, long-lasting metallic colour. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint '006 Rich Russet' £4.99




Yep, there's that strategically placed flower again! I went for 'Rich Russet' as it seems to be the most neutral shade in the range; a shimmery cool bronze brown without too much gold, that can be paired with a touch of darker eyeliner to create a neutral smoky eye effect. I totally agree with other bloggers who have said they'd like a beige colour as well, as I love combining a beige as a base with brown as a definer. There is a gold paint but it's a little too yellow for me. A beige would be just perfect teamed with 'Rich Russet'. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint '006 Rich Russet'


As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, once it's on, it's on. The liquid has a wonderful cooling effect when first applied, and I use my little finger to blend it quickly into place. It dries pretty fast so you have to have speedy hands! Although I've found it to be the perfect not-too-thick consistency necessary to smooth on and blend without it drying too soon before you're done. While it comes with a spatula applicator I prefer to dab a little on my wrist and apply with my fingers for more precise application, using thin layers to build up colour to the desired intensity. As you can see from the swatch above, the colour is opaque and solid, which is awesome! It almost looks like metallic pen in the photo, although it's a little more subtle when blended on to the eyelid. I love how strong the colour pay off is.


'Rich Russet' has a cool tone to it which I really like, and paired with lashings of black mascara it really makes my eyes pop. The paint lasts for an extremely long time when applied; I slicked it  on at 8am this morning and it's still going strong at 4.47pm. There has been no fading or smudging and it feels very light and comfortable to wear. After swatching my hand I tried to wipe the colour off with a tissue and it wouldn't budge at all; it really does 'last all day' as promised on the side of the tube. 

Top marks to Rimmel for creating something so long lasting and intensely pigmented for only £4.99. Here's hoping a beige shade is on it's way soon!

Browse Rimmel here

4 comments :

  1. This sounds fab! I've never spotted them whilst out shopping, I'll keep my eyes peeled for them now though :) Great review lovely

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a little bit obsessed with this product at the mo! Especially as it feels so cold when applied, great in this hot weather!xx

      Delete
  2. Wow. I've never seen this! The color pay off is amazing! I love the scandaleyes line from Rimmel! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such an intense shot of colour? I never used to use lots of Rimmel products but lately they've really been impressing me. I love the Kate range of lipsticks and nail polishes too xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x