Tuesday 13 August 2013

Request! | It's a Ring Thing

Blogging with my bling!

Hopeless romantic and jewellery obsessive that I am, having been raised on a diet of Disney princess movies, teen romance novels and wedding magazines from an early age (don't judge!), I thought it might be fun to celebrate all things love and jewellery related with a very special collaborative blog post. 

Dear reader, this is a message for you! Are you engaged or married, or know someone who is? Would you or someone you know like to feature in a special blog post featuring stories of proposals, weddings and, more importantly, the stories behind the engagement and wedding rings involved?!

What's the story behind your engagement/wedding ring? Did you help choose your ring or was it a total surprise? Does the design hold significant meaning to you and your partner, or were you happy to go with any kind of design/setting? Perhaps you have a beautiful diamond, perhaps you have a beautiful moissanite, perhaps you have another beautiful gemstone. Or maybe you skipped the engagement ring and went for a solo wedding ring instead?

I'd love to feature your ring stories and pictures in a special engagement/wedding ring blog post, and I'm on the lookout for any and all designs, styles, sizes, shapes, and materials. I'm a self confessed ring obsessive, having been known to spend hours browsing photos of brides' rings on the Weddingbee.com forums, so I thought why not celebrate this love for jewellery (and for romance!) here on the Bluebird & the Robin?! 

You can share as much or as little as you please, from the bare basics of your bling and how it came to be sitting on your finger, to a more detailed account of the hows/whys/whens and whatnots. You can pick and choose what you decide to divulge; it's really up to you, lovely reader. You can attach as many (or as few!)  pictures of your beautiful ring(s) as you please. I love nothing more than seeing all sorts of rings, from little to large, thick to thin, silver to gold, traditional to unique. My aim is to write a post celebrating the romance behind the jewellery while also shining a light on the beautiful rings that adorn hands across the world (well, maybe that's a little ambitious... I'll settle for featuring rings from across the UK and US!). Variety is the spice of life, so don't be shy!

If you're interested in taking part either send me a tweet @Imogen_Massey or drop me an email at bluebirdrobinblog@gmail.com and I'll send you a little more info. Or you can comment below, of course! I can't wait to see your gorgeous jewels, so ladies (and possible gents!), get the cameras out and start snapping!

Baci e abbracci, 


                                                       post signature


7 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely idea. If only I was engaged... *daydreams* lol. Look forwards to reading all the stories! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but then you get the stress of planning a wedding! Gah! All in good time :) Can't wait for you to see the finished blog post, I've received some beautiful submissions so far xx

      Delete
  2. You already know this, but I'm definitely in! I'm so excited! Would love to re-live my engagement now that I'm an old married! Haha! Let me know what all you'd like me to send you! xx

    Megan | Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you on board! Hope you got my email, can't wait to read your story and see your bling!xx

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely idea! I got married last year - do I still count! Email me at impatienceisavirtueblog@hotmail.co.uk if you would like some info!

    Holly xx

    impatience-is-a-virtue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to have you on board! Can't wait for the finished post to be published, you guys have the nicest jewellery and the most romantic stories!xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x