Wednesday 14 August 2013

Review | Molton Brown Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer & Naran Ji



A luxurious hot bubble bath is the perfect way to wind down after a stressful day, and Molton Brown products are the indisputable kings of luxury bath products. With a range of scents and formulations on offer, you're bound to come across something you love, and I'm a particular fan of their travel sized Christmas sets. To my delight I discovered that a hotel I was staying in a year or so ago stocked Molton Brown bottles in the bathrooms... I may have packed my bag full of them in order to bring the luxurious bathroom experience home with me!

Today I'm reviewing two Molton Brown products that I've recently fallen head over heels in love with: Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer Bath & Shower, and Naran Ji Soothing Hand Lotion SPF15.

Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer Bath & Shower has a wonderful spicy, creamy, coco scent that settles into a rich, sweet yet spicy aroma when swirled in running bath water or poured on to a shower puff. Molton Brown describe Coco de Mer as a 'floriential' scent which is spot on. It combines coconut fruit extract (to moisturise the skin) with honey, jasmine and vanilla scented tonka beans, and it really does smell delicious! I love slightly spicy, oriental fragances and this has just the right amount of spice without being overpowering. The creaminess of vanilla gives it a delicious sweet balance. 

Coco de Mer Bath & Shower lathers up easily, creating a rich, moisturising foam. It feels satisfyingly thick and creamy despite it being a clear gel, and a little goes a very long way, which is handy considering it costs £18 for a 300ml bottle (ouch). It's well worth the money for an indulgent treat and I'd be more than happy to receive it as a gift on a special occasion. It smells and feels expensive, and it leaves my bathroom beautifully scented which is a nice touch! 

I've also been using the Naran Ji Hand Lotion SPF15 which is another product I'd highly recommend. A citrus blend of orange blossom, grapefruit extract and orange oil, Naran Ji has a refreshing light fragrance with a very slight hint of spice. It settles to a warmer, sweeter citrus scent which I love. The inclusion of vitamin rich orange oil and moisturising sodium hyaluronate make it a skin soothing treat, and the added SPF15 helps prevent age spots and sun damage. 

The formula of Naran Ji Hand Lotion SPF15 is light yet moisturising, and again a little goes a long way. It sinks in extremely quickly, making it perfect for on the go use, and the gorgeous subtle scent lingers after applying. A 75ml tube costs £12, which is admittedly more than I'd usually spend on a hand cream, but as a luxury treat or gift this is wonderful and well worth the money. I get a little thrill out of using a little of my favourite expensive beauty buys throughout the day and using a luxury hand cream is an easy way to feel instantly pampered!

Have you tried Molton Brown products before? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Browse Molton Brown here

Baci e abbracci, 

                                                        post signature


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x