Sunday 17 November 2013

Sunday Gratitude | November 17th 2013



Happy Sunday everyone! Once again I've fallen behind on the blogging schedule (oops!) BUT this week has been full of nice things so I'm trying not to be too annoyed at myself. Here's this week's Sunday Gratitude list!

I'm grateful for popcorn and chocolate

Chris has had the week off work so we've had lots of time to hang out and plan wedding things, as well as laze around! We started a new movie night routine this week involving blankets, DVDs and a big bowl of popcorn mixed with all kinds of chocolate treats. Not the healthiest snack in the world but soooo tasty and as I'm such a homebody it's been really nice snuggling up inside from the cold with snacks galore and movies on tap. 

I'm grateful for celebrations with friends

Last night was my friend Michaela's engagement party, which was so much fun! Michaela and her fiance Josh are such nice people and make a perfect couple, I'm so happy for them! Lots of dancing, eating amazing food and catching up with friends. I'm so excited for their wedding! Last weekend was also full of celebration as it was my hen do! I'm planning a post all about it, aaah it was the BEST day and I had such a great time celebrating with my friends and getting excited about the wedding. Only two months to go!!

I'm grateful for a successful spending ban

What could be fun about a spending ban? Especially a ban borne from necessity rather than choice... For the past three or four weeks all my pennies have gone on bills and bills only, but I actually haven't missed buying things, which is quite a big deal for me as I often use shopping as a way to hide from anxiety. In the summer I wasn't able to go inside a Superdrug without buying a heap of makeup, whereas now I can browse and not feel such a tug towards anything. I had a little bit of money to buy some hen do bits and bobs but only felt the need to buy one lipstick and one lipstick only! I tested a million makeup items but just didn't feel an urge to purchase anything, and it felt amazing! I'm sure a time will come when I want to spend spend spend instead of dealing with anxious moments but at the moment I feel like I'm doing really well at working through CBT exercises instead of distracting myself in unhealthy ways. 

I'm grateful for November walks

On Friday Chris and I went for an afternoon walk (got to burn off all that popcorn and chocolate!) and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Clear blue skies and a crisp Autumn chill in the air. I love this time of year when the weather is clear and everything feels so fresh. Getting outside and stepping away from my laptop always makes me feel a hundred times more motivated and mentally refreshed, and it gave me a nice early weekend boost. 

I'm grateful for hot bubble baths 

There's surely nothing better than soaking in a bath full of bubbles after a long day, especially when your feet are killing you due to evil ill fitting Primark shoes! I much prefer baths to showers as you can bring in a stack of magazines or a good book, a nice cup of tea and lots of pampering products. I've been using a brilliant Elemis body scrub perfect for perking up winter skin, and a scrummy smelling Dove bath soak. Bliss!

Until next weekend!

Baci e abbracci, 

                                                      post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x