Monday 2 December 2013

Beauty | Winter Favourites


Brrr, it's cold outside! I'm so excited that we've finally hit December. Christmas is just around the corner and I've been busy prepping my Christmas beauty wishlist! I thought I'd share a little roundup of the products I've been loving recently, before I stock up on all the Christmas beauty offers available... I would say I won't go crazy this year but I'm a sucker for Boots 3 for 2 and I have my eye on so many things! 

Over the past week or so I've been reaching for products to soothe my winter worn skin, what with constant central heating and cold winds causing havoc with my sensitive combination complexion. Superdrug's popular Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser (£4.99) is extremely gentle and moisturising, and removes make-up and grime in only a few swipes. There's something very comforting and relaxing about taking makeup off with a warm muslin cloth and this beauty is helping to keep pesky dry patches at bay. 

I always find myself in a bit of a pickle when it comes to moisturiser in winter as I don't like the feel of heavy creams but I do need a gentle moisture hit after cleansing. I was very kindly sent an Elemis Here We Glow Collection (£15) kit a few weeks ago that includes a mini tube of Softly Softly Daily Moisturiser and I've been loving it so far. It has a light lotion consistency and a divine lavender herb scent that proves super relaxing before bed. It sinks in quickly, making it a great base for makeup in the mornings and it doesn't leave a greasy residue. Perfect!

I can't be without a good lip balm throughout the winter months (actually, I'm obsessed all year around and can't sleep unless I've slathered on a layer!) and Smith's Rosebud Salve (£8) is my current prized possession. I spied it in Selfridges during the summer having lusted after it for months and had to grab a tin. It's a little more costly than what I'd usually pay for a lip balm, but I'd say it's very much worth the money. Aesthetically speaking, the tin is adorable and appealed to my superficial side instantly..!The balm itself is a multi-purpose, rose scented wonder and can be applied to lips, brows, cheekbones, eyelids, cuticles, etc. I've been using it primarily as a lip balm and love how it leaves a subtle rosy tint. It packs a real moisture punch and smells gorgeous, and the tin is pretty big so it should last a good while longer. 

My hair has also been in desperate need of nourishment and my oil of choice at the moment is Got2b Oil-Licious Styling Oil (£2.99). It has a nice thick-ish consistency, smells yummy and makes a visible difference to the frazzled ends of my hair. Plus, it's a total bargain! 

Makeup wise I can't get enough of a darker lip and two of my favourites are Collection Deluxe Lipstick 'Prohibition' (£3.99) and Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint '156' (£4.49), (the pink tube!) both of which I spied in Superdrug a few months ago. I'm quite fussy when it comes to red lipsticks as anything too bright or yellow based makes me look washed out, so I tend to favour a darker berry red. 'Prohibition' is a gorgeous deep red colour that I've been reaching for in the evenings, while Barry M's '156'  is more of a pinky purple berry colour that I've been loving during the day. I've been teaming them both with Rimmel's new clear Moisture Renew Lip Liner (£3.99) which is AMAZING. It eliminates lipstick application mess, which is great for a lipstick clutz like me! It also helps lock down colour when applied all over as a base before lipstick. 

I'm determined to branch out with my eye makeup and have started experimenting with colour, hence the inclusion of MUA's Pearl Eyeshadow '25' (£1). I love the cranberry colour and the pigmentation is pretty good considering the price. The shimmer it gives is lovely; you can't beat a shimmery eye look, especially for Christmas! I've been adding this to a slight smokey eye although to be honest I think I need to make more of an effort as it's so easy to resort to my tried and trusted neutrals! One thing I'm never without at the moment is Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner 'Nude' (£3.99) which works wonders at making me look refreshed and awake on cold winter mornings. I apply it gently to the waterline of the eye and it instantly eliminates redness. 

Unfortunately I have a sad tale to tell about the B. Cheeky Blusher 'Candy Cane' (£5.99) perched in the top left of the photo above *Sobs all over laptop* I love a light pink blush in winter to compliment my pale skin but alas on my hen night a few weekends ago I somehow managed to smash this little beauty to bits in my handbag! Sad times. Prior to it's unfortunate departure from my makeup bag I was using it everyday and loved it for its pigmentation and staying power. Now that it's gone I've rekindled my love for Natural Collection's Blushed Cheeks blushers (£1.99 each) especially 'Pink Cloud' which is a really lovely alternative... But I still miss my B. blush like crazy! 

I'd love some recommendations for other wonderful winter products, so if you've got something in mind let me know!

Baci e abbracci, 
       post signature
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram 

11 comments :

  1. Your lipsticks are so beautiful! Perfect for this season. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great shades for winter aren't they? I love darker colours this time of year!xx

      Delete
  2. Love the color palette. Those lipstick colors are wonderful for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice, I always like wearing darker colours in winter :) xx

      Delete
  3. I bought that Rosebud Salve in American Apparel last year & love it. The tin is so cute
    Those two lipsticks are lovely colours. Great colours for the winter
    http://letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the packaging adorable?! I love darker lip colours in winter, got to have a berry shade!xx

      Delete
  4. I bought my Rosebud Salve off Amazon after wanting it for the longest time. The tin alone was what got me, it's so gorgeous! I'm not a massive fan of rose scented products, but I actually really like this and I think that it really gives your lips that satisfied moisture boost they need this time of year.

    That MUA eyeshadow colour looks gorgeous! I'd love to see it on you.

    Great picks beautiful! xo

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about the Rosebud Salve, really moisturises and helps keep my lips feeling in tip top condition! I'll try and take a pic of the eyeshadow but I'm so bad at capturing makeup on camera :s xx

      Delete
  5. I love how brands like Barry M are so cheap but they have totally amazing products i love their lipsticks!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such good prices! I love their nail polishes and Dazzle Dust pots too, really great value xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh you can't beat the SuperDrug cleansers! They're just as good as pricier ones!

    Danniella x | Famous in Japan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x